Fall 2020 - Spring 2021 Try Outs
Registration is now open for the 2020-21 Season. Register here.
Castleford Rovers Soccer Club will hold its annual tryouts on July 7th and July 8th (July 9th will be a rain date) for the formation of teams that will compete in the Fall 2020/Spring 2021 Westchester Youth Soccer League. Two tryouts will be conducted in most age groups and professional trainers will evaluate participants. It is strongly recommended that each participant attend each tryout.
Try Out Schedule for July 7th and 8th: *Players should attend both days during their scheduled time*
Tryouts have been cancelled for the following divisions:
GU9 - Girls 2012
BU9 - Boys 2012
BU12 - Boys 2009
GU14 - Girls 2007
Prior to Castleford tryouts next week, please carefully read the below information. All families must be fully compliant with these instructions in order to participate in tryouts. If a player cannot attend next week, be assured there will be additional opportunities in July for players to be evaluated. Reach out to us with any concerns.
COVID-19 Hotspots & Symptoms:
- If any of the following applies to your child, please let us know immediately and do not attend tryouts next week:
- If your child has recently been to any area considered a hotspot for COVID-19
- If your child has had close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- If your child has experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 day
- If you or your child has been instructed to quarantine for any reason
Drop Off/Pick Up:
- Arrive 15 mins before your tryout.
- Children should wear masks to and from the fields.
- We will be doing temperature checks of all players. Children who have a temperature greater than 100 degrees will not be permitted to try out.
- IBM1 & IBM3Tryouts:
- Drop Off: Pull up on the side of IBM closest to the bubble. Parents should remain in their cars and wear a mask. We will escort kids back and forth from the parking lot. Children must wear masks to and from the fields.
- Pick Up: Be prompt. Park in the spots facing the woods or along the middle walkway. We will walk kids to their cars.
- IBM TrackTryouts:
- Drop Off: Loop around the parking lot and pull up alongside the track. Parents should remain in their cars and wear a mask. We will escort kids back and forth from the parking lot. Children must wear masks to and from the fields.
- Pick Up: Be prompt. Park in the middle spots on either side of the crosswalk. Remain in your car and wear a mask. We will walk kids to their cars.
What to wear/bring:
- A mask (worn to and from the fields)
- Two T-shirts (NO Castleford Clothing): One light and one dark for use instead of pinnies. If a player is uncomfortable removing their shirt or wearing a tank please wear the light color and bring the dark color.
- Shin guards
- Clearly labeled reusable water bottle
- No jewelry
- No balls
- New Players: Bring a copy of the player's birth certificate (only if player has not previously played on a WYSL team)